Waiting for December at the DMV

Today was my 32nd driving lesson. I have been taking driving lessons for just over a year under the guidance of the same instructor. Today, instead of prolonging my timeline, she told me I would be ready to get my license in December!

Thirty lessons back, only my second time behind the wheel, my instructor and I were joined by a student of occupational therapy. The poor woman sat in the back seat, jolted around by my frequent, abrupt stops. At the time, I had no confidence in my ability to manipulate the hand controls...the all important difference between gas and brake.

Vital distinctions, yes?

One year later, my to-do list of things that I must learn has shortened drastically:
  • Parallel parking/parking in general
  • Three-point turns
  • Five hour pre-licensing course
  • More highway driving
  • night-time driving
  • PASS ROAD TEST
I have come a long way from where I started. I had hoped to already have obtained my license by this past summer.

So far, I have never been able to keep my own time line for independence.

I will achieve this, and build from it to reach other goals, for within them I will find true freedom!

Note: For the inquiring minds that want to know, I will follow-up with a post including pictures about the anatomy of my vehicle and how it works.

0 comments:

Post a Comment