Can't drive 55


As originally sung by Sammy Hagar, a member of Van Halen "I can't drive 55." By my calculations, I have twenty-two driving lessons left, as I am allotted fifty-five in all. I know that I am lucky to have my lessons paid for by VESID as they are $175 per hour. The price can be loosely justified by the presence of the modified equipment.

But I don't want to go through twenty-two more bi-monthly lessons before I get my license.  I'm ready to put this in overdrive and make greater, faster progress towards my goal. Hopefully I can move forward with weekly lessons to speed my progress. I understand "getting your license demonstrates a minimum level of competency," as stated by my driving instructor.

However, having my driving license will open up so many opportunities to me. I can get a job and live in an apartment. I can go places without having to rely on other people. My drivers license is the key to so many pieces of my independence.

1 comments:

Daniel Nester said...

Ah, the 80s:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfNATuw1DRs

Post a Comment