Run, Forrest, run!

I want my own "Run, Forrest, run" moment.

Sometimes I wish I could just purposely throw my crutches to the ground and then go into a full out run! No crutches, just my shoes hitting the pavement while I continue on, upright at full speed as the wind pulls my hair away from my face.  I daydream of this freedom every once in a while.
Sometimes I wish I could just run like as my sister does as an athlete on her college soccer team (with her very own scholarship). Or even just be able to run long distances as I see people jogging all the time. My mode of running of course is best when done on an elliptical machine, and that isn't even running at all. 

Some might call this self-pity; others would call it being human, wanting that which we cannot have.

I am only human, after all.

And like all people, I have dreams. Some just have greater possibilites than others at becomming reality.  I admit this dream is more like a fantasy, something that will never come true.  From time to time, I become hyper-aware of my CP and wish to abandon it if only for a short time to feel what it's like to be "normal" in the realm of physical functioning, something which Forrest was able to achieve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment