I wish the world was flat

Sincerely I do. If the world was flat, and smooth I might add, it would make mobility much easier. I wouldn't have to stare at the ground as I walk. Sidewalks, in reality, are a particular headache when the roots of trees grow under and make it all topsy-turvy. I am not, after all, a Weeble. Even the natural seams can sometimes cause a problem. If placement of a foot or a crutch is not completed correctly, one might just end up kissing the sidewalk. That is to say nothing of cracks, which inevitably get worse over time.

Stairs are another issue of inconvenience, but they are everywhere. Ascending or descending, it doesn't really matter, though going down is always a bit more of a hazard.

Stairs are the primary reason I wish the world was flat.

In a world of flat surfaces with no peaks and just valleys, it should be deemed illegal to wax a floor, as this undermines the purpose of a perfectly flat surface altogether.  I would write my congressman!

0 comments:

Post a Comment