I hate grocery stores!


It is not the inconvenience of small-town charm that I fear. For example, when I want to get in and out quickly but someone with whom I have a tenuous connection shows up and I am forced to make small talk.  like when you want to get in and out quickly, but instead you run into someone you know whose connections to you is not quite tenuous enough for you to just not acknowledge them. 

Though these exchanges are awkward, that is not why I hate grocery storesIt seems that Every time I go into a grocery store, I automatically have a 50% chance of falling. Those chances increase when the weather is bad and the floors are wet due to rain or snow.  Really, I don't stand a chance.  A discarded receipt, or a rogue coupon will quite literally be my downfall.

There have been books written, even an anthology of sorts, of receipts, grocery lists, and other discarded slips of paper.  The theory is that you can gain a small window into someone else's world by what they write on their grocery list.  But really, I'm not that interested in getting to know you when your discarded grocery list has caused me to be at eye level with the floor. Cleanup in aisle three!

0 comments:

Post a Comment