Path to acceptance

Facts:
Any loss can be grieved.
Grief is not confined to death as society believes it to be.
Grief is a process triggered by loss or absence.
The five stages of grief are not fixed, but fluid.
With grief one can be in two places at once.
One can regress toward the beginning.
Or move toward the end.
Let grief run its course and it will result in acceptance.

Author's note: the five stages of grief as presented by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. I have reached acceptance when it comes to having cerebral palsy. I will admit that I have regressed into moments of depression and anger but I live the majority of my life with acceptance. I live as a victor and not as a victim. This is my body, this is my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment