Advice on advisement

Academic advisement day is one week from today. There are many priorities on academic advisement day, the first of which is to seek counsel from one's academic advisor exploring options, counting credits and making a plan for the 2010 spring semester. In full disclosure, I myself have not yet signed up for my advisement day meeting.

Timing is key to this day, so don't be late! (especially to the meeting with your academic advisor). They only last twenty minutes at best, so don't procrastinate on planning out what you want your schedule to look like. Have a plan A, B, and C. As the times preassigned by the Registrar's office can be a cruel mistress.

Instead of using a weekday free from classes to study or spend time with friends, I will be taking the five hour pre-licensing course mandated by New York State. I suppose I'm not really escaping the class atmosphere with a five hour lecture on the agenda. Five hours, forty-five dollars and one slip of paper later and I will finally be allowed to schedule my road test.

0 comments:

Post a Comment