If it ain't baroque, don't fix it



I found ten dollars in my winter coat yesterday and I used it to buy a blue betta fish. His name is Bach, as in Johann Sebastian Bach. I named my fish after the composer as I've been on a baroque music kick lately. Even my ring tone is a snippet from Bach's little fugue in G minor. Now, if I could only find my keys. No matter how long it takes me to find them, they will be in the last place I look. They certainly weren't in the first place I looked, which was on the end of the lanyard around my neck!

I often spend my Sundays doing homework and getting groceries from the local Hannaford market. But this Sunday I will be at the local arts show helping a family friend who is a potter. I was his apprentice this summer. Though I enjoy throwing and seeing how my pottery turns out, if I had the chance to go back to school again, I don't think I would go back for that particular art form, but for a degree in music performance.  I'd like to go to Juilliard in New York City. I've only been to the city three times and I  find it to be very intimidating, but also very invigorating. In reality, I've got to stick with my English degree as I am not a very talented musician. It will probably take me another year and a half to finish school (five years in all which is only one less than the number of piercings I have in my ears).

0 comments:

Post a Comment