My sister and I




My mother has always warned me not to compare myself to my sister.  My sister and I are quite often polar opposites in terms of personality, interests and abilities.

She is majoring in business management and I am an English major. She goes to school in Delaware, five hours away. I go to school in upstate New York, thirty-five minutes from my house. She has an athletic scholarship and mine is an academic scholarship. She is an extrovert and I am at times painfully introverted.

We were not best friends growing up, and certainly had our share of sibling rivalry. We are only a year and a half apart in age and we've gotten closer in the past couple of years. I guess not living together all of the time keeps us from getting in each other's hair.

Brianna recently said to me "I don't just love you, I like you. I have to love you, but I don't have to like you." Despite our differences, I miss her very much especially when she is so far away.

I like you too, Brie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment