Running Around Town: A Quick Link Roundup [By Abby]


Andy Sullman
Photo Courtesy of Media dis&dat

On my blog I do a weekly link round up on running and things that are going on around town. My hope for this week as a guest blogger is to first off learn more about Cerebral Palsy and second find a way to combine my love of running with Heather's life and challenges of having CP.

In doing some research I found this story about Andy Sullman an 18-year-old who lives with CP and who ran the Chevron Houston Marathon.

Running has helped him to overcome some of the symptoms of CP. He did in fact finish the marathon and he did it in a faster time than he had hoped.

There was also the story of Mike LaForgia who just completed the NYC Marathon as discussed in this previous post.

I began to wonder how common this is and I found some other stories of instances of this. Apparently running is often times easier to accomplish than walking for children and adults with CP.

0 comments:

Post a Comment